Events, Brand Experience Manager APPLY NOW
Parsons Brewing Company is looking for a passionate and creative individual to lead our Events and Front of House team.
Set on six acres of land, Parsons Brewing Company is a rural farm brewery that has become a destination for visitors to Prince Edward County. Many of which are interested in hosting events on premises.
At Parsons, every beer tells a story. Gaining inspiration from the rich County history, our family owned and operated farm brewery consists of three heritage lumber buildings that were disassembled, restored, and repurposed as our Bottle Shop, Taproom and Brewery.
The large harvest tables on our patio offer a beer-garden vibe, and inspire the spirit of community gatherings. We feature 24 Parsons beers on tap and to go in our Bottle Shop, rotating guest taps, a selection of carefully curated wines, ciders and non-alcoholic beverages, and aim to provide a unique experience to each guest. We have successfully hosted a number of events of various scale, we are looking for an experienced individual who can embrace our communityvalues, champion local suppliers, and become involved in the development of our event portfolio. Alfresco dining in the bustling high season is what it is all about. Our Patio and Taproom can seat over 400 people in the summer months, during which we welcome large groups, families, walk-ins, etc. An unstructured playground for littles ones attracts families, and makes for the perfect setting to while away the hours. Featuring a hop yard and vineyard, It doesn’t get better than this.
Crafted Authentically, Brewed Sustainably and Shared Passionately.
We are looking for a passionate individual who has experience in developing a detailed event plan, and successful execution of events. Prince Edward County is a highly desirable destination for a wide range of events. Our event space is perfect for intimate events such as rehearsal dinners, or special family and friend celebrations as well as large corporate or charity events. We have successfully managed events ranging between 15 to 800 guests. We champion and value our local farmers, suppliers, and partners.
Along with a passion for growth and learning, the successful candidate will have a quiet confidence that is required in this community, and must be a self-starter who can develop strong relationships with local farms, suppliers, chefs, wine makers, and brewers while remaining meticulously detailed and diligent throughout the planning process.
Working for Parsons means working for a family. Providing guests with a unique experience of true Prince Edward County hospitality. Under the guidance of founders Samantha and Chris Parsons, you will have the opportunity to develop and influence our event strategy.
The Events, Front of House manager is hands-on and has a proven track record of planning and executing events in a demanding and fast paced environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development, and providing leadership and management of a team. We believe in a work-life balance. Our average hours of operation are between 11am-8pm throughout the year. There are exceptions in the case of special events. The high season is busy and bustling. The shoulder season is slower, and can be taken advantage of by pursuing research and development and planning for the new season.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a team that has strong values, believes in hard work, and takes pride in building one of the best destination breweries in Canada.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages events and the front of house team through service and event execution
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality
- Takes an active role in the development of our event strategy and portfolio
- Implement new concepts and event ideas for small, intimate groups and bespoke events focusing on the brand
- Define and manage strategy and execution of events and day-to-day hospitality
- Oversee budget and calendar of actions / events
- Has the ability to think strategically while remaining committed to the daily execution of Parsons service standards
- Ensures compliance to Parsons policies, standards, and procedures
- Maintains positive and clear communication with all departments and stays well informed of special events and programs within the brewery and in the community
- Has the ability to seamlessly transition the space and the team between regular service and events
- Has a proven track record of managing and leading a highly effective team through accountability, and positive leadership
- Undertakes other adhoc related responsibilities and special projects as required, as a start up flexibility is key as is the willingness to take on various projects across all business units
- Has the ability to represent Parsons with client meetings and successfully manages any other verbal or written communication including quotes, contracts, and event meetings.
- Manages event planning from concept to execution including project plan, contracts, event plan, staffing plan, inventory, and wrap up.
- Attend weekly meetings with General Manager, Brewing Team, and BOH Team
- Practice strong leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and beverage
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the brand
- Superb communication skills – communicates the events vision to all team members
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness and a desire to innovate
- Adhere to our ZERO harassment policy and hold team accountable to it
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership skills – leads by example, reinforces the company values daily, and inspires the team with his/her vision for the event portfolio
- Builds and maintains cross functional relationships
- Works with all members of the team to promote guest satisfaction
- Recruit, train, develop, and manages the team
- Fosters an atmosphere of hard work, discipline, respectful communication, cooperation and positivity amongst all staff
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE •
- Experience leading events in a hospitality setting
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the form below or email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com|||Picton, Ontario|||FOH, Events||||||sIVQ_sGCdgqBaNDk|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false