Kitchen Porter/Kitchen Assistant APPLY NOW
The Kitchen Porter is primarily responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness, basic food preparation, and maintaining kitchen organization. Porters help drive the kitchen by ensuring steady supplies of flatware and plates are clean, dry and ready. They also help maintain kitchen equipment such as wooden boards, cast iron grills and pans and glassware.
- Dishwashing: All dishes, ranging from pots and pans to the cutlery, are either hand washed or loaded into the dishwasher by the Kitchen Porter
- Landscape and Garden, Porters are sometimes asked to help with light gardening and landscaping duties such as picking, watering, and raking
- Waste Removal: Kitchen Porters empty all trash bins and ensure that all waste is disposed of promptly an according to our standards
- Basic Food Preparation: If a kitchen is extremely busy, kitchen staff may turn to Porters to perform basic food prep
- End of the Day Clean Up: Once a kitchen is closed, Kitchen Porters assist in cleaning to make sure that the kitchen is ready for the next day.
- Ensuring a Safe Environment: Cleanliness is directly related to a safe cooking environment, and Kitchen Porters ensure a safe environment by effectively cleaning all cookware and cooking surfaces
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work quickly and effectively in a high stress environment
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions
- Must be able to work at 8 hours on their feet
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Kitchen experience is an asset but not necessary, willing to train committed and effective individuals who have an interest in hospitality.
We look forward to meeting you.